Join us for CIRCULÉIRE Public Webinar on End of Waste & By-Products
Register to participate on Wed, 14th Sept., at 11 am, via Zoom
Join us for CIRCULÉIRE’s free-to-attend Public Webinar showcasing the findings from our 2022 Thematic Working Group on End-of-Waste and By-Product Notification.
End-of-waste and by-product notifications play a key role in a circular economy by helping to establish a market for a wide range of secondary raw materials, improving resource management, encouraging symbiotic industrial practices, and preventing resources from being sent for disposal. By maintaining resource value within the economy, the successful application of end-of-waste and by-product status reduces the environmental impacts arising from waste disposal.
The session is taking place on Wednesday, 14th of September, 2022 from 11 am to 1 pm, via Zoom, and will be moderated by Karl Hylands , Director, Re-Mine Limited, CIRCULÉIRE’s appointed Expert Facilitator and Sophie Reynolds, CIRCULÉIRE’s Thematic Working Groups Lead and Circular Economy Technologist, IMR and.
Register to join us and learn more about:
- The state of play of Ireland’s end of waste and by-product policy context, and the role that this plays in driving Ireland towards circularity;
- What key lessons industry can apply when looking to prepare strong end-of-waste and/or by-product applications;
- Major barriers to circularising Ireland’s economy using these specific tools, and the recommendations identified on what’s needed to overcome them;
- Innovation opportunities identified by CIRCULÉIRE’s cross-sectoral Thematic Working Group Panel Members about how Ireland’s end of waste and by-product regimes might be optimised for a circular economy.
This is the right opportunity for you if:
- You are a producer of a significant waste stream and would like to make use of it or check if that has potential for value recovery
- You are struggling to identify what opportunities exist for you to make this transition or to understand the regulatory issues that you will face
- You have heard of the circular economy and the ability to reduce waste and retain value for longer
- You are interested in understanding the wider Irish context of these issues
CIRCULÉIRE is a public-private partnership co-created by Irish Manufacturing Research (IMR) and three strategic partners: the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and EIT Climate-KIC. Together with industry partners, CIRCULÉIRE aims to assist manufacturers and their supply chains to switch from linear to circular business models.
Read more about CIRCULÉIRE here.