Thanks to our members for their inputs to CIRCULÉIRE’s submission to DECC’s Public Consultation
We would like to extend a warm thank you to all our members who have provided us feedback regarding the national circular economy strategy consultation led by DECC. This is very important for us to rely on our members’ feelings vis-a-vis current legislations and how they could be improved. The full document is now available onto our members hub.
The high-level recommendations made by CIRCULÉIRE to the consultation include:
- Mainstreaming of CE in national policies
- Expand objectives to emphasis an industry-led approach to scaling circular innovation in Ireland’s transition
- Embedding circularity in Ireland’s Industrial Policy more generally in addition to sectoral roadmaps to ensure cross-sectoral nature of circularity is reflected;
- Clear Circular Economy Targets which are Aligned across Government Plans & Policies
- Reduce barriers associated to End-Of-Waste, chemicals, introducing anticipatory regulations, an all-island approach to the circular economy.