(UPDATE)Science Week 2022: Introduction to the Circular Economy
Primary Schools from County Westmeath can win a visit to IMR’s Lab in Mullingar and learn about Circular Economy. Entries must be submitted by 7/Nov
- 5th-class teachers and students based in County Westmeath: Apply here
Update: As a Halloween gift, we decided to extend the deadline and facilitate the process! If you are a 5th-class teacher based in County Westmeath, you just need to register your class by the 7th of November 2022. See details below:
- Apply here by registering your class.
- Participants will be entered into a raffle competition to win.
- Digital media content is welcomed but not mandatory to participate.
To celebrate Science Week 2022, CIRCULÉIRE and Irish Manufacturing Research (IMR) are delighted to invite 5th-class teachers and students based in County Westmeath to apply for the chance to win a visit to IMR’s Lab in Mullingar on the 15th of November.
The visit to the lab is an opportunity for students and teachers to interact with cutting-edge technology being used in manufacturing and explore how technology enables circularity (for example 3D printing, collaborative robots and virtual reality), it is also an opportunity to meet role models working in manufacturing and STEM and participate in a hands-on workshop exploring circular economy.
- The target of this action is 5th-class teachers and students based in County Westmeath.
- A maximum of 1 entry per class is allowed.
- First place will win a trip for the class to Irish Manufacturing Research’s Lab in Mullingar on the 15th of November.
- Winners will be notified by email on the 8th of November.
More details about the competition can be found here.
CIRCULÉIRE is a public-private partnership co-created by Irish Manufacturing Research (IMR) and three strategic partners: the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and EIT Climate-KIC. Together with industry partners, CIRCULÉIRE aims to assist manufacturers and their supply chains to switch from linear to circular business models.
Read more about CIRCULÉIRE here.