Recordings and slides from the 2022 CIRCULÉIRE Virtual Conference
Check out the details of our “Demonstrating Irish Circular Economy Innovation” conference held on 23/Nov/2022
Check the links below if you missed or want more information about our 2022 CIRCULÉIRE Virtual Conference: Demonstrating Irish Circular Economy Innovation. The event, held on 23rd November 2022, presented a line-up of speakers that showcased the impacts, insights and learnings from the cross-sectoral Innovation Pilots funded by CIRCULÉIRE in the construction, furniture, and medical devices, plastics, and textiles sectors.
See the content available in our Circular Economy Knowledge Library:
- Introduction & Opening Address (Recording) + Opening Remarks Slides
- Panel#1: Plastics – Built Environment & Labs (Recording)
- Panel#2: Furniture (Recording) + Do More With Less Slides
- Panel#3: Agri-Food (Recording) + SUCCESS Slides
- Panel#4: Medical Devices & WEEE (Recording)
- Panel#5: CIRCULÉIRE Strategic Partner Reflections (Recording)
- Closing Remarks (Recording)
Remember the speaker line-up:
- Neil Skeffington, CEO, Novelplast presenting on Circularising Single-Use Plastic (C-SUP), a circular lab plastics pilot.
- Kevin Cronin, COO, Freefoam Plastics presenting on Circular Economy & The Power of Many, a construction supply-chain pilot.
- Carl McAteer, Designer, Farrell Furniture presenting on Do More With Less, a B2B furniture tack-back scheme pilot.
- Richard Clinton, Group Commercial Director, Dawn Meats presenting on Sustainable Use of Carbon Contributes to Environmentally Sustainable Systems (SUCCESS).
- John Carr, Managing Director, Offerre presenting on MED Devices a New Life (MEDAL), a B2C medical devices take-back pilot.
- Paudy O’Brien, CEO, FPD Recycling presenting on RoboCRM – advanced robotics to capture critical raw materials in WEEE recycling.
- Les Carberry, Principle Officer, Circular Economy Unit, Department of Environment, Climate & Communications.
- Warren Phelan, Circular Economy Programme Manager, EPA.
- Dr Andy Kerr, Chief Strategy Officer, EIT Climate-KIC.
Read more about the projects here.
Minister Smyth’s announcement
On the occasion of our conference, on 23rd November 2022, Minister Smyth, who has responsibility for the Circular Economy and Communications, granted CIRCULÉIRE funding of €1.5million to continue its activities in 2023 to “foster and enhance circular economy knowledge, capacity building and implementation by Irish Industry”. Read more about the announcement here.
CIRCULÉIRE is a public-private partnership co-created by Irish Manufacturing Research (IMR) and three strategic partners: the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and EIT Climate-KIC. Together with industry partners, CIRCULÉIRE aims to assist manufacturers and their supply chains to switch from linear to circular business models.
Read more about CIRCULÉIRE here.