Recordings and slides from the 2022 CIRCULÉIRE Virtual Conference
Check out the details of our “Demonstrating Irish Circular Economy Innovation” conference held on 23/Nov/2022
Check the links below if you missed or want more information about our 2022 CIRCULÉIRE Virtual Conference: Demonstrating Irish Circular Economy Innovation. The event, held on 23rd November 2022, presented a line-up of speakers that showcased the impacts, insights and learnings from the cross-sectoral Innovation Pilots funded by CIRCULÉIRE in the construction, furniture, and medical devices, plastics, and textiles sectors.
See the content available in our Circular Economy Knowledge Library:
- Introduction & Opening Address (Recording) + Opening Remarks Slides
- Panel#1: Plastics – Built Environment & Labs (Recording)
- Panel#2: Furniture (Recording) + Do More With Less Slides
- Panel#3: Agri-Food (Recording) + SUCCESS Slides
- Panel#4: Medical Devices & WEEE (Recording)
- Panel#5: CIRCULÉIRE Strategic Partner Reflections (Recording)
- Closing Remarks (Recording)
Remember the speaker line-up:
- Neil Skeffington, CEO, Novelplast presenting on Circularising Single-Use Plastic (C-SUP), a circular lab plastics pilot.
- Kevin Cronin, COO, Freefoam Plastics presenting on Circular Economy & The Power of Many, a construction supply-chain pilot.
- Carl McAteer, Designer, Farrell Furniture presenting on Do More With Less, a B2B furniture tack-back scheme pilot.
- Richard Clinton, Group Commercial Director, Dawn Meats presenting on Sustainable Use of Carbon Contributes to Environmentally Sustainable Systems (SUCCESS).
- John Carr, Managing Director, Offerre presenting on MED Devices a New Life (MEDAL), a B2C medical devices take-back pilot.
- Paudy O’Brien, CEO, FPD Recycling presenting on RoboCRM – advanced robotics to capture critical raw materials in WEEE recycling.
- Les Carberry, Principle Officer, Circular Economy Unit, Department of Environment, Climate & Communications.
- Warren Phelan, Circular Economy Programme Manager, EPA.
- Dr Andy Kerr, Chief Strategy Officer, EIT Climate-KIC.
Minister Smyth’s announcement
On the occasion of our conference, on 23rd November 2022, Minister Smyth, who has responsibility for the Circular Economy and Communications, granted CIRCULÉIRE funding of €1.5million to continue its activities in 2023 to “foster and enhance circular economy knowledge, capacity building and implementation by Irish Industry”. Read more about the announcement here.
CIRCULÉIRE is a public-private partnership co-created by Irish Manufacturing Research (IMR) and three strategic partners: the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and EIT Climate-KIC. Together with industry partners, CIRCULÉIRE aims to assist manufacturers and their supply chains to switch from linear to circular business models.
Read more about CIRCULÉIRE here.