CIRCULÉIRE Thematic Working Groups 2021 – Call for Panel Members / Associate Members (DEADLINE EXTENDED: midnight, May 11th)
CIRCULÉIRE is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individuals or organisations for its three industry-led Thematic Working Groups (TWGs) in the 2021 period on the following topics:
|1. TWG 1 – Circular Packaging & Reusables|
Already Kicked off 27th April 2021, running until circa w/c 26th July 2021
|2. TWG 2 – Circular Plastics|
Commencing circa 10:00 – 12:00, May 2021 until circa w/c 27th September 2021*
|3. TWG 3 – Circular Design & Redesign|
Commencing circa w/c 28tH June 2021 until circa w/c 18th October 2021*
*Includes summer break for August
About CIRCULÉIRE’s Thematic Working Groups
CIRCULÉIRE is the first cross-sectoral industry-led innovation network dedicated to accelerating the net-zero carbon circular economy in Ireland. CIRCULÉIRE is a €4.5m public-private partnership co-created by Irish Manufacturing Research (Secretariat), and three Strategic Partners; the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and EIT Climate-KIC and 25 Founding Industry Members.
CIRCULÉIRE’s overarching objective between 2020-2022 is to source, test, finance, and scale, circular manufacturing systems, supply chains and circular business models to deliver significant reductions in both CO2 emissions and waste across our Industry Membership over the programmes’ lifespan.
The Thematic Working Groups, which will be co-delivered by IMR and its appointed Expert Facilitators, support this strategic objective by providing CIRCULÉIRE’s network members with:
- Expert knowledge, guidance, and support to ensure network and panel members are familiar with strategically important topics related to the Circular Economy and its implications for Irish industry.
- Thought leadership and high-quality content aimed at informing the ideation process – and supporting industry’s transition towards circularity (e.g. by delivering a State-of-the-Art Review (SoAR) i.e. a landscape review of relevant national and EU policy, industry best practice, key barriers and key enablers to scaling circular economy strategies or practices related to the thematic area or topic in Ireland)
- Ideation sessions to help industry members prepare and pitch 5-10 innovation project ideas which can be funded through CIRCULÉIRE’s ring-fenced network innovation fund dedicated to funding large scale systems-level innovation;
About the Panel Member / Associate Member role
This is a voluntary role equivalent to a 3-day commitment in total (approximately 1 day / month) split across the Thematic Working Group activities, where via interactive discussions and online workshops, you will network and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders to identify concrete industry-led circular economy innovation opportunities for the Irish context.
As well as accessing cutting-edge thought leadership on key circular economy thematic areas / topics, and having opportunities to network and exchange with CIRCULÉIRE’s industry members and others, Panel Members will play an important role in ensuring that the key findings and innovation opportunities generated via CIRCULÉIRE’s Thematic Working Group process integrate the insights and expertise of a good cross-section of Ireland’s innovation ecosystem (including academia, government, third sector, solution providers etc.).
The main tasks the Panel Member will be responsible for is to inform the scope of the State-of-the-Art Review developed by IMR and its appointed Expert Facilitators, to assist with peer reviewing 2x short draft reports produced by IMR/ the Expert Facilitator, and finally, to attend circa 8 virtual 2-hour meetings, workshops and webinars led by IMR / the Expert Facilitator over a 12 – 16-week period between April and September as outlined below:
- Meeting 1: TWG Kick-Off Meeting to agree on scope & framing of State-of-the-Art-Review (SoAR) to clarify objectives and inform the scope of the Working Group’s ideation process
- Meeting 2: Panel Meeting to Discuss Peer Review Feedback on the SoAR interim report
- Ideation Workshops: Attendance at, and contributing to 2-3 TWG Ideation/Sprint workshops (spread over 1 week) which aim to generate 5-10 circular system innovation project ideas tailored to the Irish context
- Meeting 6: Panel Meeting to Discuss Peer Review Feedback on Synthesis Paper (a short report which will summarise the policy context and the opportunities for innovation projects identified through the Ideation/Sprint workshops)
- Webinars: Invitation to join 2x webinars for CIRCULÈIRE Founding Members and public audience, where the overall findings of the TWGs will be presented
Thematic Working Group Panel Member Expressions of Interest
IMR, on behalf of CIRCULÉIRE, invites expressions of interest for the 2021 Thematic Working Groups up until midnight, May 11th.
You will find more details about the Panel Members’ role and CIRCULÉIRE’s industry-oriented Thematic Working in this background document.
Please use the links below to submit your expressions of interest:
- Click here to apply to join the Circular Plastics TWG
- Click here to apply to join the Circular Design & Redesign TWG
IMR Contact Person: Sophie Reynolds, Technologist – Circular Economy